Breaking: Ongoing Covid restrictions postpone the AFPGP season opener

The season opener was set for this coming weekend, Feb. 20/21

Cover photo credit: 117 Motorsport

THE FINAL DECISION As announced yesterday, the committee would would have an answer for you all tonight.

Today’s press conference the VIC minister announced that it is still to early to give a definite answer whether the restrictions would be lifted come Wednesday and Vic Roads & Maritime didn’t give us a confirmed answer.

As a club we sat down and talked it through and came to the decision that for the club we are better off postponing the event until a later date as we are a national based series we had many hurdles with the victorian restrictions and the uncertainty of what the next stage would be that may of made it a greater challenge.

Over the coming days we will be releasing a new date for our Albury round. For those of you who booked accommodation at Lake Hume Resort we have been told that they are happy to move the dates.

As a club this decision was extremely hard to make if you have any questions they will be answered, please put them into the comments as many may have the same question.


Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: